Thread: Losing two top recruits this weekend to UM.

Senior ISD Member

Losing two top recruits this weekend to UM.

How does a kid like Kyle Bosch, who proclaims ND as his favorite school growing up, visit ND last Friday, then UM on Saturday and then give UM his commitment?

The same for Taco Charleton, another kid who visited ND multiple times.

Is this negative recruiting by our favorite asst. coach at UM?

Mike, I'd love to hear your thoughts and of course, I realize we are very, very, early in the 2013 recruiting season. I'm sure ND will stay on top of both of these kids.

I just don't understand why each of them felt they needed to choose UM so early in the process.

On a phone near my laptop 24 hours per day
    It was well-known that Bosch was a bit irritated that he didn't receive an ND offer earlier. While I doubt that was a determining factor, but it clearly gave some other schools the chance to make an impression.

On Charlton, he only visited ND once and I think he was even surprised that he committed so early. I talked with him several times and his father once and he seemed genuine about wanting to wait until basketball season to take things seriously.

Sometimes kids just get a feeling on a visit and it's clear UM had some momentum going this past weekend.
    Christian McCollum
    ISD Staff Writer

ISD Moderator
    Bosch was definitely not happy about not receiving an offer earlier. ND got caught in a bad situation with the Bosch situation. Kelly had previously scheduled plans. As I stated before, Kelly's schedule is planned months in advance. He has so many commitments and responsibilities that he has to schedule things further out in advance.

Bosch just happened to decide to come to ND the day that Kelly had a prior commitment. Brady Hoke was at Michigan because it was a planned event. ND got caught in a bad scheduling situation.

With Taco, I don't know what happened, but I never got the feeling ND was the leader for him. I do think he liked ND, however.

Mike

Luckily, NDS is still 11 months away. A lot can (and will) change. If the staff really wants Bosch, they have plenty of time to prove it to him.

ND screwed themselves by losing to a terrible Michigan team last year. BCS team or not, ND set their program back 10 years by losing that game.

ISD Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by TeoMonsterND View Post
    ND screwed themselves by losing to a terrible Michigan team last year. BCS team or not, ND set their program back 10 years by losing that game.
    Not sure ND put their program back 10 years, but I do agree that really hurt. It's amazing what one game can mean for two programs.

Mike