Thread: Seriously?? another bad bounce for ND football.

Seriously?? another bad bounce for ND football.

Neal's pop seemed to have steered his son to ND, complete with a signed LOI in a fed-ex envelope, only to have Lil' Neal jump out of the boat as they were dropping the anchor.

ND can't catch a break.

Can't wait for all the details to be released and ND to be the lead story on PTI or First Take for being left at the altar.

When it rains it pours.

ISD Moderator
    Well, it worked out okay, but I agree. ND has had a strange run of bad luck lately. It's got to turn sometime.

Mike

In the end, I kind of feel like he was forced to sign with ND...Those situations rarely have a happy ending.

Either by his father, the failed announcement ceremony, LOI deadline...

Seems like he was being pushed onto a plane heading toward South Bend.

On paper, he appears to be a tremendous talent. Certainly upgrades the roster, but if his heart is not in it, will it work out?

Or is it just a matter of time before his on a plane back to AZ?

I just feel like ND was the groom at the altar and Neal showed up 3 hours late to the ceremony because he wasn't sure (or just didn't want to come) then was dragged down the aisle.

Everyone applauded the choice not to "take attention away" from his HS season, but here he was up against a self-imposed deadline not sure what he wanted...needing more time to think about things.

Sorry, I just don't have the warm and fuzzies when the "perception" I have of how this went down is so unflattering for ND.

Is it true that there was another death in the family at 2 AM the morning of the "announcement"? If so, I can understand missing the morning talk. I think Davonte would be making a huge mistake going to a RichRod offense. NFL scouts think of his offense as gimicky and his studs never get drafter highly, especially when they're smallish like Davonte. See Noel Devine.